Today I have been 40 for exactly 6 months and have exactly 6 months to go before I turn 41. I have been trying to do something fun every month for the last 6 months and hope to do lots more fun stuff in the next 6 months. I had a wonderful 40th birthday party in our backyard, then we went to Yosemite for the first time ever. What an amazing place. Then we got to go to Flagstaff for a few days in October where we got to use our brand new off road golf cart that is airbrushed with skulls. In November I attended Art Quilt Tahoe for the third year and then the boys flew up to meet me and we stayed the weekend at the Hyatt Lake Tahoe. Nick was brave enough( and I bribed him with Sponge Bob legos) to run in to a freezing Lake Tahoe during a snow flurry. In December we traveled to Connecticut and New York City for a week. We got to visit with John's grandmother and uncle and his family. What an amazing trip. In New York we met up with Gina S, and her girls, Gina B, Nicole and Allison and hit every tourist highlight we could find. For Nick's birthday we went to an amazing fire station in the Palisades and had a wonderful time with the firefighters. We spent New Years Eve with Brent and our friends Jim and Elaine and their daughters bowling and having an absolute blast. We then went to Phoenix on January 11 to help Gina S. celebrate her 40th and it was a great party except we froze our butts off in what was the coldest weather I have ever experieced in Phoenix ever. On Sunday the 14th of Jan. we headed up to Flagstaff for the day and hit 20 plus inches of snow on the ground and spent the whole time saucering up and down the golf course and having an amazing time. The boys had never seen so much snow.In February I attended Empty Spools Seminars at Asilomar in Pacific Grove. Wow was it beautiful. We had 4 out of 5 days warm and sunny. I saw lots of deer and even worked a little on my quilt tops. Gina B. came down and visited me on Fat Tuesday and we tried very hard to find any place that had something going on and couldn't find any place celebrating. So of course we found our own places to celebrate and had a great time. When I got back home we had a full week at the Peterson Museum celebrating Duece Week. John even put his car in the show. The museum had a great Rat Fink show going on . The purple Rat Fink was my favorite mostly because it just cracked me up the first time I looked at it and then again it is purple. Need I say more. On Feb. 23 Adri had Drake so I now have 2 nephews and 1 niece. At the beginning of March we headed up to Flagstaff where we just had a blast playing with the golf cart. Here's to the next 6 months.
Monday, March 19, 2007
Today I am 40 1/2 Years Old
Today I have been 40 for exactly 6 months and have exactly 6 months to go before I turn 41. I have been trying to do something fun every month for the last 6 months and hope to do lots more fun stuff in the next 6 months. I had a wonderful 40th birthday party in our backyard, then we went to Yosemite for the first time ever. What an amazing place. Then we got to go to Flagstaff for a few days in October where we got to use our brand new off road golf cart that is airbrushed with skulls. In November I attended Art Quilt Tahoe for the third year and then the boys flew up to meet me and we stayed the weekend at the Hyatt Lake Tahoe. Nick was brave enough( and I bribed him with Sponge Bob legos) to run in to a freezing Lake Tahoe during a snow flurry. In December we traveled to Connecticut and New York City for a week. We got to visit with John's grandmother and uncle and his family. What an amazing trip. In New York we met up with Gina S, and her girls, Gina B, Nicole and Allison and hit every tourist highlight we could find. For Nick's birthday we went to an amazing fire station in the Palisades and had a wonderful time with the firefighters. We spent New Years Eve with Brent and our friends Jim and Elaine and their daughters bowling and having an absolute blast. We then went to Phoenix on January 11 to help Gina S. celebrate her 40th and it was a great party except we froze our butts off in what was the coldest weather I have ever experieced in Phoenix ever. On Sunday the 14th of Jan. we headed up to Flagstaff for the day and hit 20 plus inches of snow on the ground and spent the whole time saucering up and down the golf course and having an amazing time. The boys had never seen so much snow.In February I attended Empty Spools Seminars at Asilomar in Pacific Grove. Wow was it beautiful. We had 4 out of 5 days warm and sunny. I saw lots of deer and even worked a little on my quilt tops. Gina B. came down and visited me on Fat Tuesday and we tried very hard to find any place that had something going on and couldn't find any place celebrating. So of course we found our own places to celebrate and had a great time. When I got back home we had a full week at the Peterson Museum celebrating Duece Week. John even put his car in the show. The museum had a great Rat Fink show going on . The purple Rat Fink was my favorite mostly because it just cracked me up the first time I looked at it and then again it is purple. Need I say more. On Feb. 23 Adri had Drake so I now have 2 nephews and 1 niece. At the beginning of March we headed up to Flagstaff where we just had a blast playing with the golf cart. Here's to the next 6 months.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment